KORG monotron DUO Analog Ribbon Synthesizer
The Dual Oscillator monotron DUO offers X-MOD capabilities for generating even more extreme sounds.
Go Anywhere Analog: That was the theme behind the remarkable battery-powered and palm-sized analog synthesizer that Korg dubbed the monotron. Now the powerful and fun-to-play monotron is joined by two new siblings. Each is played from a ribbon controller keyboard with newly added features. The monotron’s simple operation and ease of use (5 knobs and 1 switch) is alive and well, inviting hours of enjoyment and musical exploration.
- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD circuit borrowed from Korg’s classic Mono/Poly
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use.
Dual Oscillator / X-Mod Design
Offering two oscillators, the monotron DUO adds an extra dimension, delivering an even more extreme sound. Tune the oscillators in unison for a rich, thick, analog tone. Tune them in intervals for classic soloing sounds and generating new effects. The X-MOD (cross modulation) circuit taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth.
Enhanced Ribbon Controller Keyboard
The monotron DUO's ribbon controller keyboard now features the familiar Scale function used on the KAOSSILATOR. You can use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
Synthesizer structure: 2 VCOs with X-Mod; 1 VCF
Switches: Standby / VCO1 / VCO1+2, Scale Select Button: (Chromatic -> Major -> Minor -> Off)
Knobs: VCO1 Pitch, X-MOD Int., VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
Controller: Ribbon Controller
Volume: Headphone Volume
Aux Input: ⅛" Stereo Jack
Headphone Output: ⅛" Stereo Jack
Speaker: Miniature Internal; Disabled when headphones are in use
Power Supply: AAA batteries (x2), recommended alkaline batteries
Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
(W x D x H): 120 mm x 72 mm x 28 mm / 4.72” x 2.83” x 1.10”
Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
Accessories: AAA batteries x2 (for verifying operation)
* All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.
- Import duties, taxes, shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in USA.
- There is no extra cost for customers in USA.
- Shipping is with tracking number.